[I-LanD Research Centre] Call for Papers - International Conference: "Im/politeness on the Big Screen" (December 1, 2023 - University of Naples L'Orientale)

I-LanD Interuniversity Research Centre i-land at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon May 1 09:19:50 UTC 2023

Dear all,

As part of the current research of the Argo Interuniversity Research Centre for the Study of Argumentation, Pragmatics and Stylistics (https://www.unior.it/ateneo/20027/1/current-research.html), we wish to spread the word about the following Call for Papers among I-LanD members.

Call for Papers
Im/politeness on the Big Screen
Friday, December 1, 2023 - University of Naples L'Orientale

Im/politeness is an integral part of the language, aesthetic value and cultural significance of cinema. The conference seeks to analyse the languages of im/politeness in a variety of cinematic texts (shorts, featurettes and feature films). Pragmatics, stylistics, multimodal analysis, characterization, and conversation analysis are particularly relevant for investigating im/politeness as conversational behaviour in cinematic discourse.
Overall, the conference aims to provide a platform for interdisciplinary discussion on im/politeness strategies in cinema.

Abstracts (250 words max.) are due by June 16, 2023.

Further information is available on the Argo Research Centre website: https://www.unior.it/ateneo/view_news/46081/19063/1/call-for-papers-im-politeness-on-the-big-screen.html and the full CfP is attached here.

We look forward to receiving your proposals and hope to see many of you at the conference in December.

Conference Organisers,
Aoife Beville (University of Naples L'Orientale) and Emma Pasquali (eCampus University)

----
I-LanD Research Centre

Università di Napoli "L'Orientale"
Palazzo S. Maria Porta Coeli
Via Duomo, 219 - 80138 Naples
Room 1.23
ph. +39 081 6909861
website: http://www.unior.it/ateneo/14038/1/i-land-research-centre.html

Avviso di riservatezza: Le informazioni contenute nella comunicazione che precede sono riservate e destinate esclusivamente alla persona o all'ente sopraindicati. La diffusione, distribuzione e/o copiatura della presente email o di qualsiasi documento allegato da parte di qualsiasi soggetto diverso dal destinatario è proibita, salvo autorizzazione espressa. Se avete ricevuto questo messaggio per errore, Vi preghiamo di contattarci immediatamente. Grazie.

Confidentiality warning: The content of this email is confidential and it is intended for the sole use of the addressees. The transmission, distribution and/or copy of this email or any document attached hereto by any person other than the addressees is prohibited unless explicitly permitted. If you have received this communication unintentionally, please, inform us immediately. Thank you.