Introduction

Garry Forger gforger at U.ARIZONA.EDU
Wed Dec 11 23:37:47 UTC 2002

I'm Garry Forger at the University of Arizona.  I am with the Learning
Technologies Center at our University.  I have worked with several
faculty here in the Lingistics departments on projects and
presentations. One of my specialties is in thesaurus and taxonomy
construction, as well as assisting faculty using technology.

With Sue Penfield here we involved in a grant to promote the use of
technology with native languages.  The specific technology that I am
working with is Wimba (www.wimba.com).  If anyone else on the list also
has experience with Wimba I would appreciate any contacts to share
experiences with uses and pitfalls.

I'm also interested in any use of technology with language instruction
and preservation. My experience with technology and teaching is that
many faculty will use technology in creative ways that were not the
original intention, but that they have found is useful and productive.

Thanks, Garry

--
Garry Forger
Instructional Technology Coordinator