Technical administrivia

phil cash cash pasxapu at DAKOTACOM.NET
Sat Oct 26 18:37:05 UTC 2002

...more Technical administrivia.

Soon, I hope to have an ILAT web-site interface where it would be
possible to direct people to, post information, links, and "memos" of
the kind Eric is speaking of.

For example, it would be possible to have memos of the kind:

"Maliseet-passamaquoddy character encoding for the internet"
"Nez Perce character encoding for the interenet"

More as we progress.

Phil Cash Cash (cayuse/nez perce)
ILAT List Manager, UofA

ps: In the next few days, I will post a background statement on how I
and others have envisioned the purpose of this list.  Stay tuned!

When
> an ILAT contributor wants to add to a repitoire, they do it (or send
mail
> to me or you or our successors-in-interest, a dog's age from now).
>
> > You should also mention your work in this area.
>
> I'm one of two NDN computer scientists who contribut to the IETF
(Mullen
> is the other), and previously I worked on internationalization (i18n)
of
> Solaris and HP-UX. I spent last year working with the Chinese on i18n
and
> the Internet (in Beijing), and am burnt out on Euro-Ams and
Euro-centric
> "Universalism", (as are they) and am finally convinced that the only
way
> to get "there" is to paddle our own canoe -- Two Rows style.
>
> I've tried everything else, this stuff has to be NDN Kontrolled, and
UofA