UofA and CRIT

Dan Patnode dan at DSAD.UWM.EDU
Wed Oct 30 17:22:09 UTC 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Susan D. Penfield [mailto:sdp at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 5:36 PM
To: ILAT at listserv.arizona.edu
Subject: UofA and CRIT

Eric and all-

I can offer only a weak answer to some of Eric's questions regarding the
work planned with Mohave and Chemehuevi: Both groups are working with
orthographies
that are keyboard compatible. We will be looking at programming issues for
other languages which are not so easily adaptable to technology...

When you speak of "other languages which are not so easily adaptable to
technology" are you speaking simply of languages which utilize orthographies
not represented on standard keyboards or are your referring to deeper
challenges?

Dan

"While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
 As of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
 ''T is some visitor,' I muttered "tapping at my chamber door---
 Only this and nothing more."

"The Raven", Edgar Allen Poe
Dan Patnode, Director                   mailto:dan at dsad.uwm.edu
Student Support Services Program                     414.229.3765
Mitchell Hall, Room 135B                            414.229.6553(fax)
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee