Fwd: from Danny Abram; Gaelic issues

Matthew Ward mward at LUNA.CC.NM.US
Tue Sep 30 20:56:57 UTC 2003

...as usual, an accurate article is completely distorted by the
mainstream media.

Abrams' article does not mention that language death in general is due
to the status of English worldwide, it does not make any claims about a
date of language death, and it was referring to Scottish Gaelic, which
is the most endangered indigenous language remaining in Britain/Ireland,
not Irish Gaelic or Welsh, two languages which remain more viable.

Why can't newspaper/magazine writers report on linguistic articles
without completely distorting their contents?