Online Education for Native students

Sue Penfield sdp at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Fri Apr 16 17:19:40 UTC 2004

Subject: Query: American Indian Scholars Contact Info-Online Education

> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 07:31:40 -0400
> From: "Jan Tucker" <jtucker at starband.net>
> Subject: Query: American Indian Scholars Contact Info-Online Education
>

> Greetings, List readers. I'm trying to compile a list of educators and
scholars who might be interested in American Indian educational
opportunities using online education technology. This would include anyone
who is interested in online education for and by American Indians
themselves. Any suggestions on where to begin assembling a contact list of
potentially interested persons. My thinking is to help expand educational
opportunities for American Indians, and bring together American Indian
scholars from all over the country and world to teach virtually. I'm looking
for funding also to have a conference for discussing the possibilities of
online education to bridge geographic space, and technological divide
experienced by American Indian learners.

> Jan Tucker
> Certified online Educator and Learner
> Applied Cultural Anthropologist
> Lake City Community College