Online Education for Native students

Sarah Supahan ssupahan at HUMBOLDT.K12.CA.US
Fri Apr 16 18:13:54 UTC 2004

Jan,

I am very interested in this possibility. I live and work in a very
rural area of Northern California - on the Hoopa Indian Reservation.
The nearest university is over an hour away (further for many) and over
a high mountain pass with bad road conditions in the winter. I have
personally completed a teaching certification program on-line through
CalStateTEACH so I know it can be done. I think such an opportunity
could benefit many of our local students.

Sarah Supahan, Director
Indian Education Program
KTJUSD
P. O. Box 1308