Government language study released (fwd)

Rolland Nadjiwon mikinakn at SHAW.CA
Wed Dec 15 18:52:57 UTC 2004

Mia...your comments on this, perhaps:

I forwarded the news release on this study in standard black and white to
most of my online 'skindian' friends. Some wrote back saying they could not
see it. I then sent it around in brown(earthtones). I spoke a bit later with
my son and asked him what he thought of it being in brown. He said, "I'm
color blind so it looked all the same to me. I did wonder why you posted it
twice."  I told him it must have been pretty rough trying to find a Mexicano
when he lived in Oaxaca.

Second thought: On your mention of "clues to how learning happened"
(paragraph 3 line 2), and "build[ing] visual models
 in my[your] head, in full color...."(last para),  I was very interested in
what you might respond to the question whether there is a Chomsky(Syntactic
Structures (1951)) difference between learning and language learning, or,
any comment you might have. And, how would you see this in terms of
orality(primary orality) vs. literacy vs. full color visual modeling and/or
their juxtaposition in any order...I guess this last one is number three :)

-------
wahjeh
rolland nadjiwon