Indn Words for Science

phil cash cash pasxapu at DAKOTACOM.NET
Sun Mar 7 17:59:52 UTC 2004

Hi Annie, i would highly recommend reading:

A. Oscar Kawagley.  1995.  A Yupiaq Worldview: A Pathway to Ecology and
Spirit.  Waveland Press, Inc., Illinois.  [note: a Yupiaq science
philosopher]

Gregory Cajete.  2000.  Native Science: Natural Laws of
Interdependence.  Clear Light Publishers.  [note: a Tewa science
philosopher]

i think both would claim that science is an integrated concept in
indigenous philosophies and i think both would claim that indigenous
science is "grounded" in the real world, akin to something like
grounded theory elsewhere.  both writers are very nice people.

phil cash cash (cayuse/nez perce)
UofA, ILAT