Info on epidemics

Bizzaro, Resa Crane CRANEM at MAIL.ECU.EDU
Wed Mar 31 22:02:52 UTC 2004

Hi, Diana.  Thanks for the info.  I'll forward it to my friend in
immunology.

Resa

-----Original Message-----
From: Diana Archangeli [mailto:dba at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 3:25 PM
To: ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU
Subject: Re: Info on epidemics

Linda Green, in the UA's department of Anthropology & reachable at
lbgreen at email.arizona.edu, might be able to help.

best,

Diana

At 02:39 PM 3/31/04 -0500, you wrote:

Hi, everyone.  I have a special request of you all.  Can anyone suggest
places to look for information on the smallpox, measles, and mumps epidemics
in this country among indigenous peoples?  I have a friend who's an
immunologist who is going to teach a course on the politics of
infection/chemical warfare, and he wants to read some materials and use them
in his class.  In particular, it would be helpful if these things were
written from our (i.e., a Native American) perspective.  Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Resa

Resa Crane Bizzaro
English Department
East Carolina University
Greenville, NC  27858
(252) 328-1395 - Office
(252) 328-4889 - Fax

Diana Archangeli
Associate Dean, Research, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ  85721
520-621-2184

Director, Social and Behavioral Sciences Research Institute
University of Arizona
520-621-3930

Professor, Linguistics
University of Arizona