brief ILAT update...

Mon Sep 13 20:36:00 UTC 2004

tá'c haláXp (good day),

welcome to all the new ILAT subscribers!  our subscriptions jumped in
the past month bringing us to 160 interested and interesting people.

our TELR ( http://projects.ltc.arizona.edu/gates/TELR.html ) website
received a highlighted mention at: http://www.nativeweb.org/ also, some
very brief updates and deadlinks were fixed on telr.  thanks for all
the support on putting this resource list together.  in the near
future, we hope to include a Language Advocacy section (anything that
advocates for endangered languages, language rights) to the resource
links.  so keep us informed of any links on this subject or any other
you come across.

Andre, i just added "Karuk Language Resources on the Web" to telr,
thanks.

just a note on some of our recent discussions.  it was noted that 90% of
one of our recent ILAT digest was repetition (repeated messages).  this
means that old messages (the one's responded to) were included in most
everyones discussion email.  for some of our digest subscribers, this
presents an access problem in terms of text density and bandwidth.
this can be easily (did i mention easily?) aleviated by being efficient
and minimalist in our future email discussions (incude only the most
essential elements that you are responding to).  thanx!

never let our indigenous languages fade away!

phil cash cash (cayuse/nez perce)
phd student in anthropology and linguistics
UofA, ILAT list manager