Immersion multimedia for adult Chiricahua language learners

Jan Tucker jtucker at starband.net
Fri Dec 30 18:16:26 UTC 2005

Osiyo Katherine,

Since you've used both CNO's and Mia's sound syllabary. and can I assume you
are an advanced speaker of Tsalagi? What do you think is the actual
difference besides being able to find them? Do you think that new language
learners might find Mia's version with the phonetics helpful, and advanced
users studying the font might find the one with only the font and sound
useful?  I know their are examples of the sound in words and in the
phonetics in the right column. Humm maybe its the simplicity, directness and
speed of sound to font that makes Mia's example more usable. You can just
focus on learning how the syllables are pronounced. In the CNO model your
focus is on reading the examples and listening to the font sound, it's more
work to a new learner who is focusing on learning the sounds only. What do
you think about my speculations? I come from having just taken Cherokee I at
CNO, so I'm a "newbie" or infant in my language learning.

Wado

Jan