Immersion multimedia for adult Chiricahua language learners

Mia Kalish MiaKalish at LEARNINGFORPEOPLE.US
Fri Dec 30 18:38:00 UTC 2005

Hi, Mary, Jan and Everyone,

For people who have not seen the car game, in Flash we can have options. We
can turn the phonetics on and off, or display them only on mouse click like
we do the numerals in number practice. In number practice, you hear the
sound and see the text when you move the mouse over, but you only see the
numeral when you click the button.

We have all these options, and more. We can make things that move. We can
have people talking and moving, and demonstrating the ideas. . .  there is
no limit to what we can do. We are limited only by imagination, time, and
that unfortunate need to make a choice. . . <smile>

Mia

-----Original Message-----
From: Indigenous Languages and Technology [mailto:ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU]
On Behalf Of Jan Tucker
Sent: Friday, December 30, 2005 11:00 AM
To: ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU
Subject: Re: [ILAT] Immersion multimedia for adult Chiricahua language
learners

Mary,

Thanks for sharing the feedback, what are the people saying and where, I'd
like to read any posts with feedback? I noticed Mia's version is faster to
produce the sound, and it has the phonetic along side the font. I see the
benefits of just having the font and not having the phonetic for more
advanced learners who study the font to sound directly. For new learners
though it might be beneficial to have the phonetic and the speed. What do
you think?

Jan