one more curricular factor

jim ferrara masuhchim at SISQTEL.NET
Thu Jul 14 15:23:29 UTC 2005

Sarah:

By the way, in order to give you a more complete picture of the advanced
curriculum situation: Susan, without explanation, underpaid me $1500 when I
submitted the draft to her, the capriciousness of which I have yet to
protest.

I have not heard back from her about the grammar proposal that I made. I
suppose that she and Greg have needed the time to figure out what to say to
me about it.

My experiences with the language teaching crew down at Hoopa during the past
few months have been important sources of moral support for me as my
personal discouragement with my ANA grant activities has compounded the mass
of jello that Susan's and my relationship had already become. Those timely
experiences down there have been most helpful to me in nurturing a
perspective that is not confined to the Karuk Language Program box.

So, life has been good to me anyway. Yew's visiting this week along with a
couple of friends. Kai and I spent several days together last week. Still
flowing at an above normal rate, the river is perfect for hot weather
swimming right now. I've been learning a bit about weaving from Brian and
net-making from Ernie Spenks' son... Oh yeh, incidentally, yesterday Silish
sent me his list of the Hupa words which correspond to the Karuk ones that I
sent him a while back--you know: the "cultural cognates" (Melodie's term) or
"comparative semantics" (mine) list?

Anyway, vaa vúra kích payêem.
'Hope all's well with you folks,
chim