FW: [ILAT] Convert PowerPoint to Flash easyway

Mia Kalish (LFP) miakalish at LEARNINGFORPEOPLE.US
Fri May 27 00:07:29 UTC 2005

I tried this thing. It has a couple of (small?) flaws. First, you can't edit
it in Flash after its generated because all you have is the SWF.

This was a problem with the presentation for which I am sending the link,
because there are links to Excel worksheets. The links were not included in
the SWF construction. Since I couldn't edit, I had to make them available to
people a different way. I chose the easiest for today, because I am trying
to get my website "up". . . . later, I will polish it so we can say it's
finessed :-).

Here's the link to the workshop, Mathematics of Mirabal, which I gave at the
Santa Fe Indian School (to broad acclaim, I might share, however unhumble
that seems: The Ndn teachers loved it):
http://learningforpeople.us/Mirabalmath.htm

The speed of the pages is set during publish. If people would let me know
how the speed is? I couldn't figure out how to stop the automatic pacing.
(sheesh).

This is the first time this site has been so comprehensively put together,
so for people who would like to explore: the numbers and puzzles are
Estonian, with half a dozen other languages coming; the Web Pages (special
link page) use Apache and Spanish in the menus (not an easy job); the
science entry, 8 Days Around the Community, is a pre-K -- elementary project
that includes both an in-class activities (materials not included
unfortunately) and the online version. And there are so cool java effects in
Fonts, and some Hopi and local petroglyphs in Math.

:-)
Mia