ppt to Flash conversion

Mia Kalish (LFP) miakalish at LEARNINGFORPEOPLE.US
Fri May 27 21:24:59 UTC 2005

Hmmm. I suppose everyone is gone for the long week-end. . . but if not. . .

One of my friends suggested that I should add sound to my presentations and
workshops, and I though, Cool!

I tried the Swish option, but lot the ppt special effects. Also, the sound
gets clipped if the display time is too short, and there doesn't seem to be
an individual slide control.

Powerpoint will write the slides out as jpegs, but this doesn't help with
the animation.

I tried the Swish option of writing the ppt out as one swf per page, but
when I imported them, they created an extraordinary number of subordinate
objects, and didn't behave like a regular Flash movie.

Writing the ppt out as an html file doesn't help either, because the sound
gets trimmed. Also, while it will embed the True Type fonts, it won't embed
the Post Script fonts, so some of the fonts that are integral to the
presentation get lost.

sigh

Has anyone else done this?

Mia