Awards recognise Indigenous culture preservation (fwd)

Wed Oct 19 18:09:41 UTC 2005

Hi Rolland,

I am not sure there is an avenue or forum that gives recognition to
community contributions to language preservation and maintainance.  I
recall that ILI (Indigenous Languages Institute) in Santa Fe may be
doing a bit of this recently but am not certain of this.

But yes, community language advocates, speakers, & teachers should be
recognized for the important work they do.

It is certainly a great and a most life affirming act for communities to
celebrate the great treasures they have: their speakers and language!

Phil Cash Cash
UofA