PACIFIC NORTHWEST NATIVE LANGUAGES ARCHIVES WORKSHOP (fwd link)

Sun Sep 11 18:28:35 UTC 2005

Hi Brett,

Yes, I was a bit disappointed myself in that I did not hear about this
workshop earlier.  Some people from my community could also have
benefited.

The University of Washington Breath of Life workshop is modeled after
the succesful workshop of the same name at the University of
California, Berkeley.  UC Berekley's workshop is offered annually
(usually in June) and is focused on California languages.  The UW
workshop has a Pacific northwest focus due to the nature of the UW
archives, mostly consisting of Melville Jacobs language documentation
work along the pacific cost and interior.

The UW workshop started in 2003 I believe and may be an annual offering.
  So keep your eye on this one.

later,

Phil Cash Cash
UofA, ILAT