Names (White Privilege)

David Gene Lewis coyotez at UOREGON.EDU
Fri Apr 28 16:13:25 UTC 2006

Klahowya Tillikums,
This has been an inciteful and inspiring thread, I have enjoyed it
immensely. This thread will, annonymously, probably join a future
class as a good example of "understandings" of white privilege in the
scientific community. It will go great along with my Anthropology
privilege and the disempowerment of Native communities presentations.
Students need to learn these issues early so we have progress in the
future. I personally am happy to put the thread to rest as I don't
think this can be taught over email. My wife teaches a very detailed
Sociology Race class which has content such as mentioned on this
thread. She was very interested in the thread as well. Thank you for
your perspectives, I too have learned much and I would like to echo
Phil's suggestion that the discussion end here. I feel the issues are
too complex for this forum and this will lead to misunderstandings and
divisions if it continues.
David Lewis
Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde
Department of Anthropology, University of Oregon

David Lewis
University of Oregon
Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde