Modeling language death

Mia Kalish MiaKalish at LEARNINGFORPEOPLE.US
Tue Aug 1 23:38:10 UTC 2006

This is an excellent article. People might like to read it.

It is short, 1 page, but full of implication.

http://tam.cornell.edu/Strogatz%20language_death.pdf

People are always impressed by that which can be "measured" or "modeled"  .
. . math is distant but impressive.

I am using it as a grounding thesis for immersion learning materials. With a
model, it's no longer a question of interpretation, belief, or position.

'Course, my dissertation is all about math anyway, so it's a nice way to go.

Hope all are well. Raining here. Lots of floods. . . not where I live, but
other places.

Best,

Mia