Linguistic Matls IN the language of study

John Bowden john.bowden at ANU.EDU.AU
Mon Feb 27 00:13:29 UTC 2006

Hi to everyone

I know of a dissertation being written at the University of the South
Pacific, about the Fijian language, in Fijian.. .Can't recall the woman's
name off the top of my head, but Paul Geraghty in Fiji would know about it.
Tetum in East Timor is another interesting case, having just become the
national language of the world's newest country, but which would have been
one of many minority languages in Indonesia before Indonesian occupation
ended. The new National Linguistics Institute in East Timor has been
instrumental in producing a lot of materials in Tetum about Tetum, as has
the Ministry of Education. More  on the National Linguistics Institute can
be found at

http://www.shlrc.mq.edu.au/~leccles/

Hope some of that is useful

John