Software

Mia Kalish MiaKalish at LEARNINGFORPEOPLE.US
Mon Feb 27 17:37:10 UTC 2006

>I had mentioned this to Sue because she was telling me that having a
>dictionary that is sorted alphabetically was not the best solution for
>some groups. With this software you can have terms sorted
>alphabetically, but you can sort by other creteria, such as
>relationships between terms, terms listed by associated areas such as
>Geographic Area or Fuana as examples from our thesaurus.

Hi, Garry,

How are you? It's been a long time :-)

One of the major language problems that some of us have is how to order
polysynthetic languages. Athapascan has prefixes and embedded enclitics, so
sort issues are very complex. English has very few of these, and most of the
technological support is tightly coupled with English morphology.

Mia