ILAT Update (was Re: [ILAT] Native Language Preservation and Maintenance (fwd))

Mia Kalish MiaKalish at LEARNINGFORPEOPLE.US
Mon Jan 30 15:09:51 UTC 2006

Thanks, I enjoyed this a lot. The Idaho colors are as I remember them
{always nice}.

Glad you are being treated well :-) and are in comfortable contact with the
Elders :-).

Mia

  _____

From: Indigenous Languages and Technology [mailto:ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU]
On Behalf Of phil cash cash
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 12:03 PM
To: ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU
Subject: Re: [ILAT] ILAT Update (was Re: [ILAT] Native Language Preservation
and Maintenance (fwd))

Dear ILAT,

Here is a picture I thought I would share you all. The picture is of the
language program building which is a former Indian Agency building now
transformed to do the important work of revitalizing the Nez Perce language.
I have been given office space here. Nez Perce elders are here quite
regularly.

With permission, I will try and give a brief summary later on of their
program and post it to the list.

I will be doing mostly language documentation work here for my PhD research.

Later,
Phil Cash Cash
UofA, ILAT listserv mng