Affordable digital recorder advice

Nicholas Thieberger thien at UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Mon Jan 30 19:30:15 UTC 2006

David,

If it does not record in WAV format then it is not archival. |If it
records in a compressed form like WMA, mp3, or others, and then
converts to WAV it means the actual recording has already lost lots
of the signal. The m-audio microtrack records to WAV and is around
US$300 and is not too bad, it has some problem with preamps.

Nick

nicholas.thieberger at paradisec.org.au
Ph 61 (0)3 8344 5185