Greetings!

Andre Cramblit andrekar at NCIDC.ORG
Thu Jun 15 23:42:58 UTC 2006

Begin forwarded message:

From: David Kaufman <dvklinguist2003 at yahoo.com>
Date: June 15, 2006 12:27:11 PM PDT
To: Andre Cramblit <andrekar at NCIDC.ORG>
Subject: Greetings!

I'm not sure if this is going to the whole list or not, and indeed I
have no clue how large the list even is, but I just joined the list a
few days ago and wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Dave Kaufman, MA Linguistics, from San José State U in
California.  I've been studying Hawaiian, and I've been analyzing and
documenting a couple of now extinct Amerindian languages--Biloxi
(Siouan) and Rumsien Ohlone (Penutian) in the hopes that the
remaining members of these tribes may want to do revitalization at
some point.  (The Biloxi have already expressed some interest.)  I
currently live in the Silicon Valley, but next month I'll be moving
to Kansas to attend the U of Kansas in the pursuit of a doctorate in
Linguists and Anthropology.

I just started an anthropological-linguistics blog, by the way, at
http://anthro-ling.blogspot.com.

What languages are list members working on?  I'm also a member of the
Siouan List, since, as I said, I've gotten involved with Biloxi
documentation and revitalization.

Thanks.

Dave
http://mail.yahoo.com