Broadcasting: RadPed

Susan Penfield susan.penfield at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 14 13:38:52 UTC 2006

One positive change I am seeing is the notion that languages that have been
well documented are not dead, but 'sleeping' or 'dormant' -- A very nice
presentation at the GURT conference recently was by Wesley Leonard (Miami)
who suggested a revised classification of languages based on the fact that
some languages are just 'sleeping' -- and can be reawakened with new
approaches and commitment to revitalization.
S.

--
Susan D. Penfield, Ph.D.

Department of English
Affiliate faculty: Department of Linguistics
and the Second Language Acquisition and Teaching Program
American Indian Language Development Institute
Phone for messages: (520) 621-1836