Broadcasting: RadPed

Mia Kalish MiaKalish at LEARNINGFORPEOPLE.US
Tue Mar 14 14:21:32 UTC 2006

I saw Wes' presentation at SSILA and he was wonderful. He has a really good
vision of how to present language so that the learner's brain has enough
material of the right kind to disambiguation the syntax patterns.

Mia

  _____

From: Indigenous Languages and Technology [mailto:ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU]
On Behalf Of Susan Penfield
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:39 AM
To: ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU
Subject: Re: [ILAT] Broadcasting: RadPed

One positive change I am seeing is the notion that languages that have been
well documented are not dead, but 'sleeping' or 'dormant' -- A very nice
presentation at the GURT conference recently was by Wesley Leonard (Miami)
who suggested a revised classification of languages based on the fact that
some languages are just 'sleeping' -- and can be reawakened with new
approaches and commitment to revitalization.
S.