Phrasealator

Mia Kalish MiaKalish at LEARNINGFORPEOPLE.US
Tue Mar 28 02:56:37 UTC 2006

Sorry, I didn’t explain myself correctly.

What I meant was that the toys are going for about $40; the program that
teaches singing is about $99. This means that the technology to do both
production and recognition is really cheap. So $3300 for one unit, based on
these standards, is really expensive. Then, whatever it is is not so
intuitive that you can learn to use it without $4500 worth of training. In
technology, unless you are buying from IBM, you don’t usually pay a high
price for the hardware and ALSO for the training.

Why don’t you put your stuff on the computer using Macromedia Flash? It’s
easy, it’s cheap, its fun for people to build, especially for the students.
And if you need fonts, I’ll build them for you. You won’t need to pay me
half a million dollars. Flash movies can be downloaded to cell phones and
PDA’s. If Native people got together as a group, we could probably convince
a manufacturer to build something like Sony’s Playstation so we could
download the software and learners could carry them around.

:-)

Mia

  _____