Could role-playing video games help with language learning?

Susan Penfield susan.penfield at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 18 22:22:48 UTC 2006

Rick,
Good question -- I can tell you that we have submitted a proposal to
work with NeverWinter Nights as a framework for Indigenous language learning
with a Charter School in Arizona. It is a very attractive software for lots
of reasons. We are working with a group here at the UA called the 'Learning
Games Initiative'  http://www.mesmernet.org/lgi/--- There are some  exciting
possibilities -- also lots of questions to be raised where Indigenous
languages/communities are involved...

I'll keep you posted and describe the project in detail soon...
Best,
susan

--
Susan D. Penfield, Ph.D.

Department of English(Primary)
American Indian Language Devel.Institute
Department of Linguistics
Second Language Acquistion &Teaching
     Ph.D. Program
Dept. of Language,Reading and Culture