ipod recording

Rosen, Nicole nicole.rosen at ULETH.CA
Mon Jul 23 02:41:30 UTC 2007

I've also recorded using the ipod voice memo feature with an external Belkin microphone adapter with microphone as well, and it was perfectly adequate and very easy, unless of course you want to do serious phonetic analysis.  I'm not sure whether the new ipods allow you to do this anymore, though - the input doesn't seem to be the same. I'm no ipod expert, however - I just know it worked for me for simple recordings with my 2 year old ipod.
Nicole

Nicole Rosen
Assistant Professor, Department of Modern Languages
University of Lethbridge
4401 University Drive
Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada  T1K 3M4
Office B532, University Hall
tel. 403.329.5122
nicole.rosen at uleth.ca

________________________________

From: Indigenous Languages and Technology on behalf of ILAT automatic digest system
Sent: Sun 7/22/2007 1:01 AM
To: ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU
Subject: ILAT Digest - 20 Jul 2007 to 21 Jul 2007 (#2007-129)

There is 1 message totalling 108 lines in this issue.

Topics of the day:

  1. ipod recording

Date:    Sat, 21 Jul 2007 07:05:05 -0700
From:    Andre Cramblit <andrekar at NCIDC.ORG>
Subject: ipod recording

Does this work????

On Jul 20, 2007, at 12:42 PM, annie ross wrote:

hi friends

i was just in the field and used an ipod to record interviews (sound =20
only).

i purchased a microphone for the ipod from ebay.  the microphone is =20
called
'bilkin tune talk stereo" and cost 70.00 US $.=09

from there, i downloaded the files.  actually,  itunes (on the mac)
automatically downloaded it to the computer as a voice memo.
then it converted itself to an mp3 file.

it was so quick and amazing...

i don't know if this is archival enough for anyone but it worked for me.

annie