Cassette Tape Transfeer

Susan Penfield susan.penfield at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 24 21:34:28 UTC 2007

I also like Audacity -- a free download -- and use it with a PC , just
running cassette tapes into it. This is a very straight forward way to do
it... Ah yes, Margaret -- I remember those Uher recorders (though I
think mine was a Wallensach)...

S. yes

On 7/24/07, Buckner, Margaret L <MBuckner at missouristate.edu> wrote:

> I've had really good luck with the iMic, which imports sound very easily
> onto a Mac, using the (free) sound-editiing software program,
> Audacity.  I've imported from reels recorded in 1960s on a Uher, and also
> from cassette tapes.  (It took a while to find the right connecting cable
> for the Uher, but once I found one, it worked great.)  The iMic costs about
> $30.
> For PCs, others will have to answer...
>
> Margie Buckner

Susan D. Penfield, Ph.D.

Associate Director, Center for Educational Resources in Culture, Language
and Literacy (CERCLL)
Department of English (Primary)
American Indian Language Development Institute (AILDI)
Second Language Acquisition & Teaching Ph.D. Program (SLAT)
Department of Language,Reading and Culture
Department of Linguistics
The Southwest Center (Research)
Phone for messages: (520) 621-1836

"Every language is an old-growth forest of the mind, a watershed of thought,
an ecosystem of spiritual possibilities."

                                                          Wade Davis...(on a
Starbucks cup...)