Indigenous Language Articles?

Heather Souter hsouter at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 7 16:04:45 UTC 2008

Taanshi, Shannon,

My name is Heather Souter.  I am a Michif (Metis) from Camperville,
Manitoba, Canada and an emerging speaker of Michif (the mixed language as
spoken in North Dakota (Turtle Mountain Reservation), Montana (Rocky Boy
Reservation), communities in Manitoba, Saskatchewan and some other provinces
of Western Canada. I am also a language activist and graduate student.  I
work with my auntie and other elders here, doing both documentation and
research.  I have attended ALIDI, CILLDI, U of K in Lawrence, KS (where Dr.
Akira Yamamoto was teaching until recently).  I will be starting a degree
program at the University of Lethbridge in Alberta this fall.  If any of
your students happen to be interested in Michif an/or its origins, please
feel free to contact me. BTW, I use video Skype and would be pleased to
answer any questions I can for individual students or your class as a whole.

Eekoshi pitamaa.