Question cocerning the native term for god(s) and imported Christianity

Sun Aug 31 19:38:38 UTC 2008

god
...is a male deity.  I often wonder how gender-based references come to be
lost in translation (e.g. god, goddess).  But then too there is "God" with a
capital "G" that seems to enter into the picture as well (via
entextualization).
The framers of the US constitution were deists which posed a Christian
theological interpretation that god with a captial "G" is the creator of the
universe, though not a sovereign.  I suspect that this was purely an American
thing.
just a few more thoughts...
Phil