How to Make a Dictionary with Miromaa & Lexique Pro - Video Tutorials

Daryn McKenny daryn at ARWARBUKARL.COM.AU
Wed Feb 6 05:08:09 UTC 2008

Original location of story - http://www.arwarbukarl.net.au/blog/?p=72

-------------------

One of the major goals for any language program/activity is to produce a
dictionary, but this can be a painstaking task, we ourself have
experienced this pain and have now thought to share with you how we
produced our own Awabakal dictionary using Miromaa
<http://www.arwarbukarl.com.au/default.aspx?id=153>  to gather the
language and Lexique Pro to produce the dictionary using the MDF
standard.

To do this we have produced a 10 part series of online video tutorials
<http://www.arwarbukarl.com.au/default.aspx?id=168> that we have placed
on our website for everyone to view, they cover all of the basic steps
needed to get your first dictionary completed with as less pain as
possible.

I do not profess to be a professional at producing these so if you hear
me sneeze or cough in the middle of a clip, just excuse me.

The clips can be viewed in our Miromaa Learning Centre
<http://www.arwarbukarl.com.au/default.aspx?id=168> , just scroll to the
bottom of the page and click on the link to enter.

Feedback is also most welcome.

Ps. We would like to acknowledge Lynnette, an Aboriginal lady from
Victoria who kept pushing us to get these together so that we could help
her get her dictionary happening and to Tom for showing us up.

Regards

Daryn

Arwarbukarl Cultural Resource Association Inc.

Read our Indigenous Language BLOG at http://www.arwarbukarl.net.au/blog/
<http://www.arwarbukarl.net.au/blog/>

P | 02 4954 6899    F | 02 4954 3899    E | daryn at arwarbukarl.com.au
<mailto:daryn at arwarbukarl.com.au>     W | www.arwarbukarl.com.au

Please note that we have recently moved to our new location at Cardiff.

P  Please consider the environment before printing this email

The Arwarbukarl Cultural Resource Association Inc. respects the privacy
of individuals and strives to comply with all areas of the Privacy Act.
The contents of this email are intended for the purpose of the person or
persons named in either the "To" or "CC" boxes of the email. Any person
not named in these boxes in receipt of this email should immediately
delete this email and advise the sender accordingly.