forum

Charles Riley charles.riley at YALE.EDU
Thu Feb 14 20:55:23 UTC 2008

Hi Mia,

It sounds like the glottal examples you describe
would require submitting data to the CLDR project
for the Athapascan locales.  There's a similar
case in Afrikaans, where ['n] sorts independently after z.

Is there a page that shows the desired character
behavior for rising tones over vowels?  I found this page:
http://www.uaf.edu/anlc/orthography.html

Under the Gwich'in section, the image link that
would display some of the nasalized vowels is
broken.  Is the rendering for the low tones acceptable?

Chuck Riley

Charles L. Riley,
Catalog Librarian,
Africana Project