forum

Richard Smith rzs at WILDBLUE.NET
Thu Feb 28 16:17:33 UTC 2008

Thanks Andrew,

 I'll take your word for it!
but I'm not sure of the difference between "half ring below" and "ogonek" ?
(the definition of which i didn't find on my iMac dictionary)
Is there a special dictionary for linguistic terms?

I've had some success setting up a Wyandot keyboard with the UKELELE program
which is free, and allows for creating multiple keyboard layouts.
Its fairly simple for computer illiterates like myself. They don't always
email well
but for class handouts or for simply snap-n-drag .jpgs of the handouts
to email ...they are ok.

SOME fonts allow me to use a two step key stroke...for  á̜  others fonts
will mess with my "half ring",
so i've gotten accustomed to just running the three step process!
Verdana and Lucida Grande which i stumbled on by accident (I liked the
name!)
works great for a two stroke and leaves nice spacing between letters.
but it seems L.G. isn't a commonly recognized font on some tribal members
older computers.

Richard