'the linguists'

Richard Smith rzs at WILDBLUE.NET
Sun Jan 27 17:09:57 UTC 2008

Hey Susan,
Greg Anderson came out to Wyandotte OK recently to speak with tribal reps.
who might want Living Tongues help save languages.

I was gabbing in the office with tribal members i hadn't seen in awhile
and i kept wondering when DR. Greg Anderson was going to arrive.
Someone was on the phone in the office so i wandered in the hall
to scan the parking lot and i walked past a young local guy sitting there .
I went outside and this "local guy" walks up behind me and introduces
himself as Greg Anderson!
HA! so much for my sterotypes of DRs of linguistics!
We had a great time sharing and his passion is genuine and his conversation
over lunch kept drifting to villages in upper Siberia,
where he spent an entire year...often....just staying alive.

Scholars can snivel about these guys as Indiana Jones image
types.....well, it might be a little over dramatic,
but it ain't far off!

Richard Zane Smith
Wyandotte Oklahoma