historically written language ...

Richard LaFortune anguksuar at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jul 24 13:27:10 UTC 2008

Helper Neck is the Yupik holy man who developed the
less well known modern North American Indigenous
non-Roman orthography this past century, following
Sequoia's.  My first cousin Sophie and one of the
other folks  (I forget which) who worked on our
dictionary was able to finally interpret the writing
system he developed.   Sophie worked with Mike Krauss
at Alaska Native Language Center  The court's decision
is not reasonably informed and most certainly
culturally biased.  These are a couple of my relatives
who pressed the action- my family are Nicks and
Andrewses.
Anguksuar (Richard LaFortune)