sovereign language

Richard LaFortune anguksuar at YAHOO.COM
Sat Jul 26 14:48:31 UTC 2008

what the court decision uses for an unspoken framework
of thought is the assimilationist (genocidal)
imperative and logic of inevitability that Yupik will
no longer be a viable language in the post modern
future.
This is a faulty, racist and unhelpful model of
thought for all humans.

Our model of language regeneration presumes that we
(Yupiit, or any other populations of heritage language
speakers) will be using our languages at our
discretion and pleasure for whatever purposes we
determine (colonial voting included) into a time
horizon in the future that equals or exceeds the spans
of millennia from which we have emerged.  Our cultures
and our languages are to be the domain and decision of
OUR people, not a culturally biased and ignorant
federal judge who not only does not understand
linguistics or culture, but has an assimilationist axe
to grind in behalf of the colonists.

Our languages are NOT here to be documented in their
entirety until Jesus returns, they are NOT here to
have an arbitrary and summary pillow placed over them
until all evidence of life has ceased, they are NOT
here as interesting and expensive digital museum
archive projects.  They are here as expressions that
our creator/creatrix has gifted to us in evidence of
our sovereign and ancient intellectual and spiritual
traditions.
Anguksuar!