Dakota language immersion

Sat Jun 14 18:21:42 UTC 2008

Beth,
Your language program sounds like it is playing a vital role for the
communities you work with, especially among the young children.   Thanks for
sharing with us further on your efforts and I am sure you have a number
of ILAT
admirers/supporters now.
What is interesting about the video clips of the children speaking Dakota is
the naturalness of their speech interaction.  Most often, children in
language
advocacy filming or documentation are depicted via a structured teach=learner
scenario often responding as "learners" to questions or directed responses.
Here, it appears as if the children are active participants in a  relaxed
conversation!   This we can celebrate with you.
Phil
UofA
Quoting Beth Brown :