Norman Lewis

Richard LaFortune anguksuar at YAHOO.COM
Tue May 6 23:29:51 UTC 2008

The point also included writing by Norman Lewis (The
Missionaries, 1988), so it isn't based on single
source material. He is accounted as one of the finest
writers of the past century, and he included numerous
references that echo concerns of other humane
thinkers.  See p.242 w a reference to the 13 Mar 1987
denunciation by the UN and OAS about SIL's illegal
entry to VZ.  So actually the United Nations has
weighed in on the matter for the record.
Mark Abley's book "Spoken Here" (2003) references SIL,
and asserts 'its motives are open to question.'
(p.238).
You can say any argument is weak, but leading thinkers
and writers say otherwise.  Maybe the organization is
different today; one would hope and pray so.
peace!
Richard (Yupiit Nation)