build a font for your endangered language...

Andrew Cunningham lang.support at GMAIL.COM
Sat May 17 23:27:20 UTC 2008

Hi Don

I'd add a third point to your list below:

3) do you use a glyph variation for an existing Unicode character.

I remember at least one case where we had to modify a font so that for
one character, an alternative glyph for the character became the
default glyph for the character, and the glyphs
for two other characters were modified to provide culturally
acceptable glyphs for the font.

Andrew

--
Andrew Cunningham
Vicnet Research and Development Coordinator

andrewc at vicnet.net.au
lang.support at gmail.com