Build a font...

Neskie Manuel neskiem at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 19 17:45:10 UTC 2008

Weytk Shannon,

Here is another tutorial for creating a simple xkb keyboard:

  http://hektor.umcs.lublin.pl/~mikosmul/computing/articles/custom-keyboard-layouts-xkb.html

I think for most roman orthographies an xkb layout is sufficient.  I
don't know about writing in Syllabics or Cherokee script.   Currently
there is a keyboard layout for Secwepemctsín, and Inuktitut.

The package in Debian/Ubuntu that contains all of the xkb layouts is: xkb-data.

I've been working on creating keyboard layouts for the xkb-data
package for the following languages:

  http://www.languagegeek.com/alllangs/listoflangs.html

I have a Ktunaxa and SENȻOŦEN keyboard made, eventually they will be
available in Debian/Ubuntu.  If you've created a new keyboard layout
that you want submitted upstream you submit it according these rules:

  http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/XKeyboardConfig/Rules

What keyboard layout do you want made? If you don't mind me asking.

Yeri Tsucws,
Neskie