Yuchi Revitalization

Caroline Aksich caroline.aksich at GMAIL.COM
Sun Nov 16 02:18:04 UTC 2008

Hi, I am aware of an attempt to revitalize Yuchi run by Richard Grounds--
but I cannot find information of how successful these attempts have been.

I am aware that there has been some frication in the community with regards
to the transcription systems Richard Grounds and Mary Linn, but other than
that I have little information related to how Yuchi is surviving in a modern
context.

Does anyone know whether both systems are being used currently, or if one
has been decided on as official?

Or does anyone have any information on other Yuchi revitalization efforts?

- Caroline Aksich, University of Toronto