‘Inter-ethnic communication’ bridging language gap between Natives and non-Natives (fwd media link)

Tue Oct 21 20:38:25 UTC 2008

‘Inter-ethnic communication’ bridging language gap between Natives and
non-Natives

Mon, October 20, 2008
Posted in Alaska News

Just because we use the same language doesn’t mean we speak the same way.
Sometimes the speaking style of different ethnic groups — especially Native and
non-Native — blocks effective communication. KSKA’s Len Anderson reports about
an effort to reduce these conversational misunderstandings.

Alaska Public Radio Network webcast:
http://aprn.org/2008/10/20/inter-ethnic-communication-bridging-language-gap-between-natives-and-non-natives/