Bible Translations Save Cultures, Spark Koran Translations in Post-Soviet (fwd link)

Slavomír Čéplö bulbulthegreat at GMAIL.COM
Sat Sep 27 02:29:41 UTC 2008

Bill, Richard,

I dislike certain (most?) aspects of Christian proselytizing
especially in its protestant / evangelical variety as practiced by SIL
as much as the next linguist, but on the other hand, I don't like the
implications of what you are saying either. Your comment, Bill, seems
to imply that there is a fundamental and irreconcilable conflict
between Christianity and theory of evolution. There is not. Your
comment, Richard, seems to imply that all Christians are ignorant ass
biblical faux-literalists. They are not. Would you please do me a
favor and stop lumping me with the young Earth creationists, chastity
ball organizers and rapture countdownists? Thank you very much.
That being said, Bill's idea is actually pretty good, though I'm
afraid "The Origin of Spieces" is too technical. Any other
suggestions?

bulbul