Bible Translations Save Cultures, Spark Koran Translations in Post-Soviet (fwd link)

William J Poser wjposer at LDC.UPENN.EDU
Sat Sep 27 02:39:32 UTC 2008

Bulbul,

I am well aware that Christianity is compatible with evolution.
The Catholic Church, after all, has no problem with evolution,
nor do most "mainline" Protestants. I'm not sure why my comment
would be interpreted as suggesting this. My humorous goal was
simply to suggest a counterpoint to the translation of religious
texts. "The Origin of Species" seems apropos because, although Christians
in general have no problem with evolution, the evangelicals who comprise
the great majority of SIL people, do not accept evolution.

Bill