Map Shows Thousands of Dead or Dying Languagesn(fwd link)

Jimrem at AOL.COM Jimrem at AOL.COM
Fri Apr 10 17:41:04 UTC 2009

>>I went to the UNESCO map (listed under resources below the  article).
Some
of the data is not quite accurate.  Does anyone on  this list know where/if
such data can be corrected?  Without it taking  endless amounts of time?

I also would like to know how to  correct this misinformation.  The map
shows the Munsee dialect of Lenape (Delaware Indian language) in central  PA as
a living language, while the only speakers are in Ontario.  The  Unami
dialect is shown in Maryland and listed as extinct.  Lenape was  spoken not in
Maryland, but in northern DE, all of NJ, eastern PA, and  southeastern NY
state.  We still have partial speakers located in  OK.

Jim Rementer,  director
Lenape Language Project
The Delaware Tribe
Bartlesville OK  74006