voice recorder

Damien Hall djh514 at YORK.AC.UK
Wed Apr 15 09:49:03 UTC 2009

Daryn said:

'Zoom have just released a new H4Next and it is awesome, I got one of the
first in the country (Oz) and they were a hit at our national language
conference.

http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/h4n/index.php=20 '

I agree. On the sociolinguistic project we're running, we started off using
one of the older Zoom models (H2, I think), and that was already pretty
good, but the recording levels were rather low. By the time we got another
machine, the H4N was out, so we got that instead, and the levels are
noticeably better. There are also other improvements over the previous
Zoom, such as adjustable-range mics (90-deg or 120-deg field), an explicit
separate Stop button (to stop recording on the older Zoom you had to press
the Record button again), and much easier access to the battery- and
memory-card-compartments.

So the Zoom H4N is very much to be recommended!

Damien Hall

--
Damien Hall

University of York
Department of Language and Linguistic Science
Heslington
YORK
YO10 5DD
UK