external hard drive recommendations?

Tue Jun 2 18:07:42 UTC 2009

Hi Tania, everybody,
I have used the RAID systems by G-Tech for all of my video data storage while
in the field.  Very good portable storage and workhorse hard drives.  I am
not sure how they would handle humidity though given their aluminum
enclosure.  Mine were constantly in the trunk of my car, many times in below
freezing weather and did fine.  But in retrospect I would recommend a hard
case of some kind as I have been packing these things around now for 2 1/2/
years and the cardboard case is falling apart.
http://www.g-technology.com/
Let me know when you head to the field.  ;-)
later,
Phil Cash Cash
UofA
Quoting Heather Souter :